Friday, August 06, 2010

Chicago.

In a friend's room waiting for her to get back from Linear Algebra. Last night we randomly found a friend of a friend's small gathering and got there in time to see him break two wine glasses within an hour of each other. Then ran around looking at apartment renovations, heard everyone discuss Durkheim (more like Jerkheim, apparently) and complain about how many times they'd read Aristotle's Nicomachean Ethics for their Core classes.

Really, really cool to see U of Chicago students going off on random professors and classes, knowing that if we were at Duke we'd do the same. Also made me 2% want to go to school here, but it's definitely a passing thought. More so maybe just made me miss everyone from school more and want late August to get here sooner? (Of course, I'd like school to start without classes starting -- ideal situation #1.)

Sometimes I think that I wouldn't even need to do anything with my life -- I could just wander around and observe other people living out their existences, maybe partake for a day or two before moving on. Maybe I could couchsurf forever. Probably not a sustainable idea. But I do so love a good adventure.

A person I generally despise always says she likes to do things for the story she can later tell (and she tends to tell these stories repeatedly and continuously, with or without your permission). I hate to say that I'm like her, but -- yeah, it's kind of like that.

1 comment:

  1. LOL. Regarding your last line - terrible.

    ReplyDelete