-- & other super summer success stories.
. . . Right.
In other news, I am underwhelmed by the amount of productivity that has occurred in my recent past. Do not understand post-structuralism -- so much academic gibberish. Compartmentalization of existence is going well, however. Also I think I have stumbled upon my next near-obsessive, almost-compulsive fix. It (ideally) involves the $15+ four-in-one avocado tool I saw at Williams-Sonoma last weekend. And I am planning something wicked, which is severely not in my best interest. I find my current locale charming, though I am paying through the nose for decent tomatoes at the farmer's market and Jell-O cups that remind me of kindergarten. My brother sends me two-line emails, ends with "please write back!", and takes a week to respond himself.
Courses for this fall currently include: magazine journalism, audio documentary, creative writing. On top of a column gig. Which means I need to cut something unless I want to run out of creative stamina two weeks into the semester.
My friend just sent me the line: "life in the fast lane." Sarcastically, I think, for her. But looking around, I wonder -- maybe not?
No comments:
Post a Comment