Friday, April 30, 2010

Falling slowly.

I don't know,
but I want you
all the more for that.
Words fall through me,
always fool me,
and I can't react.
Games that never amount
to more than they're meant
will play themselves out.

Take this sinking boat,
and point it home.
We've still got time.

[ . . . ]
You've suffered enough
And warred with yourself.
It's time you won.
♫ "Falling Slowly" (The Swell Season, The Swell Season)

For me, when everything is beautiful, life is music -- especially sad, sad music, especially soulful lyrics. This is why I think that I might be destined for poetry, not prose. Lately I've been looping the same few songs on my iPod, and it's put me into a strangely calm, reflective mood (despite finals in less than a week):
  1. "Falling Slowly" (The Swell Season, The Swell Season)
  2. "Broken Horse" (Freelance Whales, Weathervanes)
  3. "Cosmic Love" (Florence + The Machine, Lungs)
  4. "Honeymoon" (Bombadil, Tarpits in Canyonlands)
  5. "Generator ^1" (Freelance Whales, Weathervanes)
  6. "Melectric" (Ramona Falls, Intuit)
The Lollapalooza line-up seems really promising this year, and I'm tempted to fly out -- have at least one really good friend going, and another good friend is staying in Chicago for the summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment